Approximately 5 hours with a 30 minute break for lunch
Total course fee: £200.00 nothing left to pay. (Excludes Kits required)
Courses are Non-refundable - please see our terms and conditions.
Are you wishing to up your Pedi game?
If yes, then this is the course for you. We will go through the stages of consultation, area set up, Pedicure procedure each step of the way.
Here at Willow we are advocates for the "Willow Way" this means working "Your Way". If you wish to solely use E-file for prep, we have got you covered. If you would like to use a combination of E-file prep & traditional methods then we are here to support you every step of the way.
There is no right or wrong, its all about using the method that suits you and we adapt our teaching to each student to compliment this.
Benefits of using an E-file for Pedi-work:
- It cuts down your treatment time meaning more profit
- You can create a more thorough prep
- No more vigorous arm actions to get the job done
- No need for water, bowls & messy products
- A more comfortable and pleasant experience
- A more comfortable way of working for the technician
- No need for blades or peels
- Able to pin point problem areas and use the appropriate bits to decrease
- It creates a clean and polished look
- Perfect for problem clients that need a little more attention
What you will learn on the day:
- The different types of Pedicure E-file Bits
- The various materials Pedicure E-file bits are made from, their benefits and properties
- The different styles of Pedicure E-file bits, their uses, shapes
- Grits/grades explained
- Recommended speeds for each bit
- Recommended speed for various skin types
- Recommended angles/pressures for each bit
- Recommended directions
- E-file Health & Safety
- How to set up your Pedicure area
- How to clean your E-file bits
- How to prep/season your E-file bits
- How long they will last
- E-file machines explained teaching you everything from how they work, what to look out for, their buttons/dials & how to use your specific machine.
- E-file Torque explained & why it is important
- E-file hand pieces, the differences in models, how to maintain them
- How to pin point problem areas in consultation
- How to reduce hard skin
- How to reduce Calluses
- How to reduce & improve cracks & fissures
- How to polish areas of skin
- How to plan your clients future treatments
- How to separate the cuticle from the nail plate safely using various bits
- How to remove dead protein safely
- How to remove cuticle safely
- How to polish the surrounding skin using silicon bits
- How to polish the surrounding skin using Diamond Bits
- How to use cuticle nippers & pushers in conjunction with E-file
- How to combine cuticle oil & E-file exfoliation at the end of treatment
What you will need for the course:
- E-file Machine (non brand specific) a high torque is preferred for you to get the full benefits of prep
- You will need the Willow Pedi-Kit
- Willow Cuticle Kit
- The Pedi-Scoop
- The Pedi-disks (180 grit & 240 grit)
- Pedi-Disk Holder
- Please wear professional attire or appropriate clothing to administer a treatment in
- NO model required - you will work on others in the session as well as be a model for other students - please see below
- You MUST have NO nail enhancements/polish on your toes - Naked nails please
- They must also be in need of cuticle work, as we can not teach you to remove what simply isn't there
- Note pad & pen
- You must have a qualification in E-file and either Gel polish, Hard gel or Acrylic enhancements (not all are required)
The E-file course is aimed at those who have an understanding, qualification & experience in Nail treatments such as E-file, Gel Polish, Hard Gel Treatments or Acrylic Treatments. To ensure the highest standards of training, students will be required to show an understanding of the Machine, Bits & how to use them correctly and safely to pass.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
COVID 19 safety measures:
We have taken every precaution to ensure your safety whilst training with us. All students attending courses need to wear masks. If you forget PPE it will be provided (at an additional cost.) Everyone will be spaced out accordingly, which will comply with the recent social distancing changes. If you have tested positive, felt unwell or have been exposed to someone unwell please contact us immediately. More advice will be given on the day.