Full accreditation with ABT via our fully insured Educator.
4 South Brink
Morning session: 10am start
Total course fee: £110.00 nothing left to pay. (excludes Kits required)
Courses are Non-refundable - please see our terms and conditions.
Are you wishing to up your E-file Prep game?
Then this is the course for you. We will go through the stages of prep using an E-file & show you how to use each and every one of the Willow Cuticle Bits.
Here at Willow we are advocates for the "Willow Way" this means working "Your Way". If you wish to solely use E-file for prep, we have got you covered. If you would like to use a combination of E-file prep & traditional methods then we are here to support you every step of the way.
There is no right or wrong, its all about using the method that suits you and we adapt our teaching to each student to complement this.
Benefits of using an E-file for cuticle work:
- It cuts down your treatment time meaning more profit
- You can create a more thorough prep & refinement resulting in longer lasting enhancements
- It creates a clean and polished look
- This method helps reduce and prevent hang nails
- Perfect for problem clients that need a little more attention
- Less strain on the body
- Using a form of exfoliation rather than cutting
What you will learn on the day:
- The different types of Cuticle E-file Bits
- The various materials Cuticle E-file bits are made from, their benefits and properties
- The different styles of Cuticle E-file bits, their uses, shapes
- Grits/grades explained
- Recommended speeds for each bit
- Recommended speed for various skin types
- Recommended angles for each bit
- Recommended directions dependent on bit
- E-file Health & Safety
- How to clean your E-file bits
- How to prep/season your E-file bits
- How long they will last
- E-file machines explained teaching you everything from how they work, what to look out for, their buttons/dials & how to use your specific machine.
- E-file Torque explained & why it is important
- E-file hand pieces, the differences in models, how to maintain them
- How to separate the cuticle from the nail plate safely using various bits
- How to remove dead protein safely
- How to remove cuticle safely
- How to polish the surrounding skin using silicon bits
- How to polish the surrounding skin using Diamond Bits
- How to use cuticle nippers & pushers in conjunction with E-file
- How to combine cuticle oil & E-file exfoliation at the end of treatment
- How to use our miniatures collection for a more thorough prep getting to the hard to reach areas
What you will need for the course:
- E-file Machine (non brand specific) a high torque is preferred for you to get the full benefits of prep
- You will need the 5 bit Cuticle Kit & Mini Series (Laurel, Fleur & Sweet Pea)
- The further pieces that will be used are: Kossak Fine, Kossak Medium, Polisher, Diamond Polisher, however these are not mandatory
- NO model required - you will work on yourself please see below
- You MUST have NO nail enhancements on - Naked nails please
- They must also be in need of cuticle work, over grown, as we can not teach you to remove what simply isn't there
- Note pad & pen
- You must have a qualification in E-file and either Gel polish, Hard gel or Acrylic enhancements (not all are required)
The E-file course is aimed at those who have an understanding, qualification & experience in Nail treatments such as E-file, Gel Polish, Hard Gel Treatments or Acrylic Treatments. To ensure the highest standards of training, students will be required to show an understanding of the Machine, Bits & how to use them correctly and safely to pass.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.