London Educator: Annabel Ifill
Willow's "Acrylic Extensions Course" for complete beginners. Ideal for beginners who wish to learn the basics of how to Acrylic Extensions. The course will take place over 2 days with 4 weeks between the first and second day where you will be required to do 3 case studies.
If you would like to book with Klarna please contact Willow on 07738 069 794.
Prerequisites/ Course Requirements:
You must already hold a Gel Polish Qualification to be able to attend this course.
Time: 10-4pm x 2 Days
What you will need:
- Kit is not included in the course price
- You will not need any tools or products - they will be provided for you on the day by your educator
- You will however need to purchase your own products to be able to fulfil your case studies
- If you wish to have your own kit your educator may be able to advise you
- You will NOT need a model for the course
- You will be required to carry out the practical session on yourself, therefore, you must have naked nails for the course day. (No extensions, No Gel polish)
- You will need a notepad and pen
What you will learn:
- Health, safety & hygiene
- Nail anatomy
- Nail diseases & disorders
- Understanding the properties of Acrylic and how it works
- Preparation of work station
- Client consultation
- Natural nails preparation
- Nail tip application
- Shaping, Filing, Finishing
- Acrylic application
- Shaping & refining
- Acrylic extension removal
- Aftercare and Maintenance
- Infill & Re-balance
- Marketing advice
The Acrylic Extensions Course is FULLY ACCREDITED and ideal for beginners who wish to add a new service & learn the basics of how to apply Acrylic overlays & tips.
To ensure the highest standards of training, students will be required to pass a theory test. The student may be required to download pre-course information and theory at time of booking which will need to be revised prior to their course. This ensures students come to the course well prepared, so they get the most from their practical training. The practical training is structured around the course material, which is divided into four parts.
1. Anatomy and physiology of the nail
2. The Treatment
3. Hygiene, Health & Safety
4. Regulatory and statutory requirements.
Emphasis is placed on the student understanding the practicalities of providing a professional treatment. They will be shown how to carry out a full set of Acrylic Extensions and be expected to carry out the treatment on themselves. This course will be run over 2 days.
Day One: Theory & Acrylic fundamentals. Practical of natural nail prep, application of tips including shaping & blending. Application of Acrylic including refinement.
Day Two: Acrylic Infill/Rebalance, Acrylic removal & then you will have your practical assessment.
A Gel Polish or Manicure Qualification is essential before booking this course. The awarding of a certificate is subject to submitting three examples of treatments given (during the 4 week break between day 1 & 2) as well as your practical assessment. Your educator reserves the right to request further case studies if they feel they are required.