492-494 Hartshill Road
Stoke On Trent
In-house E-file/Perfect Prep Course - Jemma Ball
Educator: Jemma Ball, Stoke on Trent
Willow's famous E-file Course written by Lucy James and hosted by Jemma Ball at Jemma Elizabeth Academy.
Fully accredited with ABT via our fully insured educator.
10am - 1pm
Total course fee: £160.00 (Excludes Kits required)
Once Booking is complete:
Once you have completed your booking you shall receive a confirmation email which will include a downloadable file. You must download this "Pre-Course Pack" which will include all you need to know as well as some pre-information to start you off on your E-file journey.
Courses are non-refundable & location is non-transferable- please see our terms and conditions.
Are you a serious nail tech?
Then it's an absolute must to learn how to use an E-file. Hand filing puts an incredible amount of strain on your body, you might not feel it now, but it's something that will progress over time and can result in debilitating Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI).
- It cuts down your treatment time, resulting in more profit
- You can create a more thorough prep & refinement resulting in product longevity
- Less strain on the body, making your nail career last longer with no injury
- More cost efficient compared to a hand file & soaking meaning less expenses
- You will need fewer products such as files, acetone, lint pads & soaking sachets, enabling you to save money.
- The different types of E-file Bits on the market (not just the Willow range).
- How bits are manufactured and how manufacturing and materials affect the bits' quality
- The various materials E-file bits are made from, their benefits and properties & longevities,
- The different styles of E-file bits, their uses, shapes, flute formations, grits/grades explained
- E-file safety bits compared to non-safety and how to spot them
- E-file bits recommended speeds, pressures & suitability's
- E-file Health & Safety & Hygiene
- How to care for and season your E-file bits
- E-file machines explained - teaching you everything from how they work, what to look out for, their buttons/dials & how to use your specific machine not just the Willow models
- E-file RPM vs Torque explained & why it is imperative when sourcing an E-file
- E-file hand pieces, the differences in models.
- How to care for your E-file, servicing, what you can do, how to extend the life.
- How to remove Gel polish from the natural (not off an overlay) nail using multiple bits suitable for normal base & rubber base coats
- How to do an infill with the aid of E-file bits
- How to remove lifting and compromised product
- How to reduce the length of a nail using your E-file bit
- How to prep the natural nail using sanding bands safely
- How to prep/refine old product prior to fresh application (infill)
- Introduction to cuticle prep using our Cuticle kit comprising of 5 bits (for a more thorough understanding of cuticle prep using every cuticle piece in the Willow range please look at our "Perfect Prep - Level 2")
- How to refine product after application including flush cuticles & structure refinement
- How to de-bulk product for full removals, rebalancing or redesigns
- How to do a full removal of product using and E-file
- Good quality E-file Machine (non-brand specific)
- You will need our "Course Kit Bundle" which is made up of Willow E-file Kit in your choice of colour, either Original Silver, Gold or Purple or left-handed. Sanding Bands & Mandrel (bands can be in either colour but must be 240 grit or 180 grit) and lastly the Cuticle Kit.
- NO model required - you will work on yourself so that you can properly understand how it should feel, pressures, safety & comfort.
- You MUST have nail enhancements on - either overlay, extensions in BIAB, Builder Gel, Poly-gel, Acrylic or full cover tips.
- They must be finished in a Gel Polish Colour of your choice.
- They must also be in need of an infill (the older the better, having growth is important and having lifting is a huge benefit). The more wear and tear your nails have, the more we can show you and the more you can practise.
- You need to bring a few products of your choice to infill a couple of nails
- Note pad & pen
- You must have a qualification in either (but not all): Gel polish, Hard gel or Acrylic enhancements.
You can buy all the kit you need for the course in our NEW Willow E-file Course Kit Bundle.
The E-file course is aimed at those who have an understanding, qualification & experience in Nail treatments such as Gel Polish, Hard Gel Treatments or Acrylic Treatments. To ensure the highest standards of training, students will be required to show an understanding of the Machine, Bits & how to use them correctly and safely to pass.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
COVID 19 safety measures:
We have taken every precaution to ensure your safety whilst training with us. All students attending courses need to wear masks. If you forget PPE it will be provided (at an additional cost.) Everyone will be spaced out accordingly, which will comply with the recent social distancing changes. If you have tested positive, felt unwell or have been exposed to someone unwell please contact us immediately. More advice will be given on the day.
In-house E-file/Perfect Prep Course - Jemma Ball